Redefining Platitudes demands all members to choose an existing drawing or illustration from their previous projects and develop a narrative which is distinctive from the existing narrative of that project by exploring new mediums, textures, graphic styles, and rendering styles.
In the harsh mental environment one tries to find Nirvana within himself. Self awakening, or self enlightenment is a one of the phases of reaching Nirvana. The graphic represents the path to awakening while showcasing the abstractions of the 7 factors needed to achieve awakening.
● Mindfulness- As Buddha said "Transient are all component things. Work out your deliverance with heedfulness!" Mindfulness is needed to maintain the awareness of reality.
● Investigation of the nature of reality- Through keen investigations, a spiritually evolved person, whose clarity of vision penetrates into the deepest recesses of life and cognizes the true nature that underlies all appearance. No more can he be confused by highs and lows of life.
● Energy- The effort to redirect misdirections that already have and will be arisening in the mind. It is that force which becomes the light to the mirage of endless working.
● Joy or rapture- Real happiness or rapture comes not through grasping or clinging to things animate or inanimate but by giving up (nekkhamma). It is this detached attitude towards the world that brings about true happiness.
● Tranquility- The factor is needed to achieve conscious calmness and serenity throughout the journey in body and mind.
● Concentration/calm- Concentration is the intensified steadiness of the mind as an unflickering flame of a lamp in heavy breezes.
● Equanimity- It is mental equipoise and not hedonic indifference. pain and happiness — he never wavers.